Here is one of many St Patrick’s day goodies that can keep you from getting a pinch or a punch depending on who you know.
This year for St Patrick’s I decided my something green was going to be St Patrick’s day jewelry. I set off to the store and was a bit disappointed mainly because I don’t wear a lot of earrings and my job is not necessarily good for wearing bracelets.
So I started thinking about it and remembered a while back seeing an very cute Clover pin or was it a boutonniere? it was something like that and thought that would be good to make. So I went off memory and I think I got it pretty close. When I find it I will share the original craft with you all as well. (See Below for an update!)
I hope you enjoy this one as much as I do.
- Green – paper or felt ( It helps to choose three different colors for variety.)
- Floral wire
- Glue or adhesive
- Draw or find a shamrock image you like.
- A pin to pin it to your shirt
What I used:
- Burlap Ribbon (Mine is two inches wide and I cut it to one inch wide)
- Grapevine wire
- Ribbon ( 1/8″)
- Rainbow Classic Craft Felt – Kelly Green
- The Paper Studio – Shamrock Mix
- The paper Studio – Solid Glitter – Yellow
- Hot Glue gun
- The shamrock template I drew on paper and cut it out for a stencil, but Its basically three hearts.
- I drew the shamrock on a piece of paper in three sizes then cut them out.
- I placed them on the back of the paper and traced them, then cut those out.
- I used three different lengths of grapevine wire corresponding to the three different shamrock sizes.
- NOTE – if you use regular floral wire you may want to double it up and or you can fold it so that it has two or three off shoots.
- using my hot glue gun I glued the shamrocks to the wire.
- my original idea was to wrap the wires together but instead I hot glued the two smaller vines to the big (main) vine.
- I cut 3 1/2″ of burlap ribbon
- and then cut it in half width ways (1″)
- I then placed it behind the largest shamrock with a bit of it sticking over the top and glued it in place.
- the bottom of it I then wrapped around the front (like a bouquet) and glued it down. then tied the ribbon around the part where the burlap meets.
- then added a pin on the back
- Wear it proudly 🙂
I love the grapevine wire so much more than regular floral wire to me it makes it feel a little more real to me. This sweet little pin can also be used for a lot of different things like perhaps a saint Patrick’s day party or attached to a headband.
For now this pin is one of my favorite st Patrick’s day goodies and I can wear it to work and so can my husband. A bonus all the way around!