This St Patrick pot of gold is great fun to make and you can use it in a variety of ways.
- Black Paint or Spray paint
- yellow candy
- Cellophane or Saran wrap
- small jar
What I used:
- Black Spray Paint
- Lemon Heads
- Saran Wrap
- Chocolate Gold coins
- Baby food Jar – Meat
- I cleaned the jar and stuck it in the dishwasher.
- I Flipped the car upside down on some news paper and used the black spray paint and put a coat on the jar. NOTE: The spray paint may carry a smell if you think you may not want that then use a paint that you can use on glass.
- wait for it to dry completely
- when its dry check it for missed spots if needed coat again.
- you can take the wrap and make a little bundle of “gold” and add it to the inside of the jar.
- If you want you can also add the gold coins if they fit.
This was fun because my son was able to count the number of “gold nuggets” and see how many fit in the jar. Could see this being a fun preschool crafts activity. Might be fun saint Patrick’s day party decorations, or st Patrick’s day party favors.
Either way these are neat little St Patrick’s day goodies anyone can enjoy.