This Boutonniere is a wonderful edition to your St Patrick’s day clover crafts. this can be worn (and made) by both men and women and is a wonderful St Patrick’s day gift ideas.
If you have seen my post: St Patrick’s day clover pins then you know that it had been inspired by another craft that I had seen once a long while back. Well after a little searching and realizing it was actually a boutonniere and not a pin I found it. Its a made with different materials and I haven’t had the opportunity to make one yet myself. When I do i’ll update this post.
- Fabrics of your choice
- Waxed Paper
- Paint Brush
- Liquid Starch
- Floral wire
- Craft Glue
- Green Ribbon
- Her Template – Here
- Place the fabric on the wax paper.
- Taking the liquid starch and paint brush coat both sides of the fabric.
- Allow it time to dry.
- Iron the fabric to flatten it.
- Print and copy shamrock template or your own template.
- Cut them out and using the pencil trace the template on the fabric.
- Cut them out of the fabric, and add a crease in each leaf lengthwise.
- Cut a four inch piece of floral wire.
- Fold it in half, twist it until the end forms a tiny V, bend the v forward.
- Using the craft glue, place the stems on the back of the shamrocks.
- wrap ribbon around the stems, and add a corsage pin to the back.
I have seen a few comments that the starch may not last and they also use craft glue. I made mine using paper and felt. I also think that grapevine wire would make it look a little more realistic. I want to make a few of these in various forms and see what works well.
Hope you enjoyed this one Martha never ceases to amaze me.
Originally From Here.