A fun Preschool craft that is just right for a Saint Patrick’s day party or St Patrick’s day art project.
I had this idea as I was in the store I originally wanted to make these St. Patrick’s day goodies – Mini Leprechaun Hats but I realized that I didn’t have a dark cookie sheet. So I ended up thinking on my feet and making this with my boys instead.
- paint brushes
- Green paint
- Black paint
- gold paint
- Styrofoam bowls
What I used :
- Folk Art – Multi-surface – 2934 Licorice
- Folk Art – Metallic – 660 Pure Gold
- Apple Barrel – Matte Acrylic Paint – 21479 New Shamrock
- Flip the Styrofoam bowl over paint the whole thing green. Wait for it to dry.
- I later added a second coat. Wait for it to dry.
- Paint a black strip close to the “brim” allow to dry
- Paint a gold square for the buckle.
Simple, simple, simple you could poke a hole on either side and add a string, then you could use it for a Saint Patrick’s day party hat. You could let the kiddos add embellishments to it. My youngest got more paint on himself than his hat *sigh* but he had fun so that’s all that matters right?
~ Get Inspired and Get Creative – S.C.M ~