Looking for a simple fun baby food jar idea? Try these painted baby food jar pumpkins!
What I Used:
- Tulip – Puffy Paint, Black
- Plaid – FolkArt – Multi-surface Satin Acrylic Paint – 2904 Vivid Orange
- Plaid – FolkArt – Multi-surface Satin Acrylic Paint – 2907 Bark Brown
- Baby Food Jar – Meat jar
- Optional – Gray Primer – Fast Dry Spray Paint
- A brush to apply – I used a Foam Brush
- I took off the labels and popped them in the dishwasher to clean and sanitize them
The Primer part is optional
- I set up a safe and ventilated area to spray paint. I flipped the bottles up side down and sprayed them according to the instructions on the can.
- I also sprayed the lids and waited for those to dry as well.
I made a couple with primer, and a couple with out and next time I will more than likely not use the primer next time.
- Once they were fully dry (I ended up waiting til the next day) I used the foam brush to apply the paint. The foam brush left a texture on the jar that I liked.
- I applied about two layers. Letting each layer dry in between.
- Then applied two layers of the Bark Brown to the lid using a smaller foam brush.
- When the orange dried using the puffy paint I added the eyes and the mouth.
The kid made a mess of it all but the fun was totally worth it.