These Homemade Cinnamon Ornaments will make your Christmas tree (and house!) smell marvelous this holiday season! You can make these cool ornaments in only a few easy steps and with only a few supplies you probably already have around the house. Always remember, these ornaments are NOT EDIBLE so don’t let anyone chomp into them 🙂
1 cup applesauce
1 cup ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon ground cloves (optional for extra fragrance)
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, combine the applesauce, cinnamon, and cloves (if using). It may take a few minutes for the mixture to come together. You want the dough to be able to form a ball without being too sticky. Add additional applesauce or cinnamon if needed. You can mix the dough by hand, it may just take longer.
- Sprinkle a clean surface with cinnamon (like you would with flour while rolling out pie dough). Place the dough on the surface and sprinkle with more cinnamon. Use a rolling pin to roll the dough to 1/4 inch thick, sprinkling with more cinnamon to keep from sticking.
- Cut out into desired shapes and place on the prepared sheet pan so that they aren’t touching. Use a skewer to poke a hole into each ornament (to attach string). Bake in the preheated oven for 1 1/2 – 2 hours or until rock hard.
- Loop a decorative string through the ornament and hang on your tree.
Craft idea & Instructions via: completelydelicious