A Minecraft Creeper is a sneaky guy who likes to come upon you out of no where and the only warning many times is the “SSSSsssssss” it makes before blowing your hard work or current surroundings to smithereens (A little like my Five and almost one year old) And of course my son all about this game. So since the 4th of July is right around the corner I decided to do this minecraft craft with him.
Before we begin I am not much of a measuring type so I will do my best for those that are.
|What You will need:||What I used:|
I must first say that I had a stencil to make the squares, but you can also freehand draw the eyes and mouth if you want. I also wanted to make the eyes closer to the actual look of a creeper thus the “eyeballs” but in the finished image it doesn’t quite show up.
- First I cut my Red, White and Blue squares I made mine 5 x 6
- Then I took my square stencil sheet and used the 1.5 inch square and cut out six squares.
- Then the 1 inch square stencil and made six of those as well.
This part is the part that I made complicated but it really isn’t .
- I used the 1 inch square stencil and drew out 3 rows of 2 blocks
- Then on the outside of the rows on either side I drew a column of three squares.
- Then cut the shape out.
- Then glue the 1.5 inch squares 1 inch from the top and a quarter of an inch from the sides. there should be Two one inch square space between the eyes to make room for the mouth. (my son just glued them as he pleased, but I like mine to look a certain way)
- then in the inner bottom corners on top of the 1.5 inch squares glue the 1 inch squares.
- now the mouth connects to the corners of the eyes and once you glue it you should be all set.