A fun and easy DIY craft project for these adorable patriotic pins that can be worn on 4th of July, Memorial Day, or all year ’round to show your American pride!
10 small silver or gold colored safety pins (size #0)
1 larger silver or gold colored safety pins (size #2)
red, white and blue seed beads
metal nail file or flat screwdriver
needle nosed pliers (optional)
- Take one of the small safety pins and thread on the beads from column one of the pattern below (5 blue, 1 white, 1 red, 1 white, 1 red).
- Repeat with the second, third, fourth and fifth safety pins.
- With the sixth thru tenth safety pins, start with red and alternate 9 beads red/white.
- Use a nail file or flat screwdriver to stretch open the loop of the large safety pin
- Slide the ends (little circles) of the small safety pins onto the large safety pin — keep sliding all the way around the loop so it’s on the other side (non pin side) of the large safety pin.
- Squeeze the loop back closed with pliers.